Lorenzo Esparza

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lorenzo Esparza

Arianna Santos, Staff Writers

I chose to interview Lorenzo because he is an amazing wrestler and hard worker. I wanted to show his experience in his wrestling journey.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Lets jump back into the past to your freshman year, what goals did you set up for yourself in wrestling?

”Its started off as a way to get back in shape after my injury but then once I started my main goal was to learn more about the sport and I started to love it.”

Has wrestling changed you throughout high school and if so how?

“Wrestling really has changed me to overcome obstacles with a fight mentality to never give up when things get hard.”

Do you plan on continuing wrestling after high school?

“I hope that I do get enough during my highschool career, that I could take my time to college and wrestle at a collegiate level”

Who is motivating you throughout your wrestling journey?

“I’d say mostly myself and have the desire to be great, My opponents would also motivate me to want to be better than them.”

From school to wrestling it must be alot of your, how to keep track of    both?

“You got to wake up early, start your day earlier so you can put in more time to practice and have to cut short on your freetime and manage it by taking every opportunities you can to either focus on wrestling or focus on school.”