Project Runway

Back to Article
Back to Article

Project Runway

Ms. Carter shows students how to sew a fine seam for their Christmas stocking project

Alyssa Trevino, Photojournalist

The world of fashion is always changing and new trends are always emerging. When people think of fashion they think of all types of styles. Fashion design industry is a great way to express every ones types of styles they are into. At Wagner High School the fashion design teacher Ms. Carter has been working in the industry for about six years and she really likes it this is what she has to say about it. “I have always been interested in fashion and teaching others to pursue in the fashion design industry.”
Everyone has all different types of styles and all types of names they call the different types of styles. This year personally is my first year in the fashion design industry and I would like to keep on being in the industry because of all the great things we have been doing this year in the class. The class is having a fashion show were we can make our own clothes and have someone else model it or even yourself.
Fashion design isn’t only just making clothes it teaches you the tools you need and how to use it. The goal for this year is to be making sure all students able to produce a good design. Everyday Ms. Carter will be doing different skills so students can use for final design to get closer to that goal. “ You have to love what you do” what Ms. Carter has to say for the students who wants to be interested in joining fashion design.