Wagner Robotics Team in the 2018-19 school year

Yanel Abundiz, Staff Writer

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

Do you know about our robotics team? Code artificial intelligence autonomous programs in 28 different programming languages, build pneumatic arm systems, and construct electronic circuits to handle massive amounts of data efficiently! Sergio Gutierrez Tinoco, the coach of the robotics team here at Wagner, welcomes everyone to come and join. You might think you need to be an expert at coding or mathematics, but there is much more to it.

Programmers, designers, mechanical builders, electrical techs, pneumatics advisors, scribes, public outreach organizers, quality control managers, tool managers, parts managers, safety inspectors, and mentors are just some of many roles you can assume on the Wagner robotics team! Last year, they went to the world championship in Houston, TX, winning the award of  ALL STARS Rookie team in our region, and they are ready to destroy the competition again, so come and check out our robotics team, and see what it is all about. You never know, robotics could be your future!

Picture: Seth Custodio. One of the Projects for Competition for the Wagner Robotics Club.

About the Writer
Yanel Abundiz, Staff

Hello I am Yanel, I am currently a senior at Wagner High School.  During the past few years, I have taken a wide range of courses to help me prepare for...

10 Comments

10 Responses to “Wagner Robotics Team in the 2018-19 school year”

1. Giovanni Williamson on September 26th, 2018 4:09 pm

I think our robotics team is very talented. They compete very hard in their competitions . keep fighting.

GOOOOOO T-BIRDS

2. Giovanni Williamson on September 26th, 2018 5:12 pm

I think our robotics team is very creative intelligent students. They work hard in their competition and they keep a positive competitive nature.

GOOOOOO T-BIRDS

3. Mari Lopez on September 26th, 2018 7:08 pm

Everyone on the robotics team is so nice and friendly! Hope y’all do good at your competition in Houston!

4. Dakari Beckford on September 26th, 2018 7:49 pm

Me likeing science and technology this interes me . I’m glad to here y’all made the all star team . And hope u do it again and do better than that.I am looking forward to seeing how y’all do.

5. Terashay Miller on September 26th, 2018 9:01 pm

I am so proud of all that the school has accomplished so far this year. From sports to robotics we seem to be progressing and bettering not only our school, but ourselves as well. I am proud to call myself Wagner Thunderbird! #go_t-birds

6. Tayler L. on September 27th, 2018 11:02 am

I am so proud of how far our school as come! We are really progressing as a whole. All organizations and clubs are doing amazing! I am proud to be a Wagner T-bird!

7. Jorge Salgado on September 27th, 2018 7:25 pm

It’s outstanding how a club focused on a specific subject can have such a wide variety of activities and jobs for student to participate in. Keep up the good work T-Birds robotics team. And to you Sergio Tinoco lead our great robotics team to championships once again.

8. jorge salgado on September 27th, 2018 7:31 pm

It’s amazing how a club focused on a specific subject can have so many activities within in it that allow others to join and feel like apart of the team. Keep up the great work T-birds Robotics team. And to Sergio Tonico lead us to championships again.

9. Daniel Powell on September 28th, 2018 9:23 am

I used to be in robotics and it came a far way with a lot of kids that are talented and have great potential. Keep up the good work!!!

10. Ian Fernandes on October 2nd, 2018 10:11 pm

I think our robotics team has a lot of potential, so let’s make it to World Championships again!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Left
  • Campus Updates

Come to the Christmas Concert and Support Wagner Choir!

• Campus Updates

TROC

• Wagner Robotics Team in the 2018-19 school year

Campus Updates

Senior FAFSA Night: Financial Aid for College

• Wagner Robotics Team in the 2018-19 school year

Campus Updates

Six Flags Raffle Tickets

• Wagner Robotics Team in the 2018-19 school year

Campus Updates

HOMECOMING SPIRIT WEEK

• Wagner Robotics Team in the 2018-19 school year

Campus Updates

Business Professionals of America are going to competition!!! Here are the competing categories!!!

• Campus Updates